The Discipline of Physiological Sciences is hosted in the Division of Cellular, Nutritional and Physiological Sciences with research focus on human physiology, with emphasis on exercise and neurophysiology.
Main research fields include:
- Cardiovascular physiology
- Effects of stress, ageing and exercise on the brain.
- Neurodegenerative disorders (e.g. Parkinson's Disease) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Cellular architecture of the mammalian visual system.
- Comparative aspects of neural development, regeneration and degeneration in lower and higher vertebrates.