Dr Amaal Abrahams receives Excellence in Teaching Award
Congratulations to Dr Amaal Abrahams from the Division of Cell Biology for receiving the Faculty of Health Sciences’ Excellence in Teaching Award for 2018. The annual award recognises outstanding teaching that inspires and supports students’ academic development. The award panel noted:
- Her use of active learning and creating a vibrant atmosphere for students who are enthused to participate and learn.
- That she uses technology well in her repertoire.
- Her awareness of the transformation issues implicit in our contexts and her efforts to address these.
- Her engagement in a wide range of activities that increase her capacity as an effective educator.
- Her research that benefits her teaching knowledge and confidence. Her practice is reflective and responsive over time.
- Her dedication as a teacher who has gone the extra mile to support students’ academic development in a range of ways and the ways she applies learning to practice is seen in pass rates and increased performance by students.