Participate in Prince Laboratory Online CANSA Shavaton 2020
In the past, the Prince Laboratory based in the Department of Human Biology has organised and run the CANSA Shavathon in collaboration with Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA). This event is normally a great day out and raises money for an important cause as well as bringing together various cancer and other laboratories based in the Department to participate. This event has commonly been held early in the year but due to the state of the national lockdown, the event had been cancelled for 2020. However, in consultation with CANSA the Prince Laboratory have decided to host an exciting "virtual" CANSA Shavathon in collaboration with the HUB Transformation and Equity Committee (HUB TEC).
The aim of this event is to encourage interested staff and student members to donate money to CANSA via either direct bank transfer or SnapScan and we will provide them with previously used hairspray cans (enough to spray their own hair). This will culminate in a virtual online Shavathon on the 2nd of November where we will have an expert speak about cancer awareness. We would also like to see all the exciting hairstyles that staff and student of our Department come up with!
- Date of Virtual Shavathon: Monday the 2nd of November from 1-2pm with a guest speaker talking about cancer awareness. Final details to follow soon.
- Number of Spray cans: 100 semi-used hairspray cans (enough to spray a person’s hair), so book soon to avoid missing out!
- Distribution of cans: Once you have made a minimum of 50-rand donation to CANSA (details on poster)
How to participate:
- Please forward your proof of payment and preferred collection date to:
- E-mail: email@example.com or
- WhatsApp message/call: +27617253949
- Collect your hairspray as follows:
- Dates: 19th, 21st, 23rd, 26th and 30th October
- Location: Faculty of Health Sciences reception
- Collection time: 1 - 2pm