Division of Physiological Sciences
The Division of Physiological Sciences focuses human physiology with particular emphasis on exercise and neurophysiology.
Main research fields include:
- Cardiovascular physiology
- Effects of stress, aging and exercise on the brain.
- Neurodegenerative disorders (e.g. Parkinson's Disease) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Cellular architecture of the mammalian visual system.
- Comparative aspects of neural development, regeneration and degeneration in lower and higher vertebrates.